A Data Analyst organizes and analyses data in order to meet the informational needs of users. Communication with others to ensure data transfers perform efficiently as possible is a must. A Data Analyst may interact with customers to understand and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about data and data services. A Data Analyst must reflect the utmost in professionalism and attention to detail. He/she relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish project, customer, and management objectives.
The Assistant Data Analyst maintains weekly product forecasting, point of sale data analysis, various reports and charts as assigned by management. The ADA will breakdown weekly reports from ECD customers to provide information for designated personnel so corrective measures can be taken to improve performance. The ADA will run and analyze Vendor Dart reports as required for management.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Director-Information and Procurement which will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Forecast on a weekly basis using forecasting tools and information accumulated for new stores, resets, planogram changes, new items, new markets, etc.
2. Collect, organize, and analyze data from internal and external sources. Duties will include analyzing information for consistency, errors, and patterns as well as testing and validation of reporting to ensure accuracy and quality.
3. Provide sales and inventory trend analysis by product group, location, or item as required.
4. Run and distribute Vendor Dart reports as assigned by management.
5. Analyze weekly job lot data, zero on hand data, service level reports, and any other reports submitted by the customer.
6. Responsible for new item setup, item update, and marketing data within GDSN and Commerce data pools and client system.
7. Maintain historical record of all reports and analysis created.
8. Provide support to other ECD corporate employees as well as warehouse and field employees.
9. Knowledge of product line, marketing programs and various similar data as required.
10. Observes all selling and marketing policies established by the company. Honors the confidentiality of the company’s business policies as well as all of our customers’ transactions.
11. Works closely with customer service manager, product manager, and planogram manager.
12. Works on various projects or tasks that are assigned by the ECD Information Analyst or appropriate management.
13. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job.
14. Employees must proficiently read, speak and understand English.
1. Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills. Meticulous attention to detail and must exhibit time management skills.
2. Interpersonal/customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively with others; demonstrated collaborative skills.
3. Proficient using Microsoft Excel.
4. Exceptional prioritization, process, and communication skills.
5. Must show initiative and have the ability to work on multiple tasks.
6. Ability to work independently to meet set goals and objectives.
7. Ability to work in a team environment and use available resources in meeting team deadlines.
8. Work with confidential files, documents, and reports without disclosure as to their contents or information.
9. Such other duties and assignments that shall be made from time to time from any member of the Company’s management.
10. Work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
11. Report to work on time as required by schedule.
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
1. Query writing capabilities using Microsoft SQL or Microsoft Access.
2. Efficient in job-related Microsoft Office products not mentioned previously; namely Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
3. Degreed in Mathematics, Accounting, Statistics, related degree or equivalent.
4. 2-4 years of on-the-job analytical experience.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities