compensation: Base on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Shipping and receiving clerks thrive in environments that require them to be detail-oriented multitaskers. As a shipping and receiving clerk, you are on the front line, making sure that all employees at our company receive deliveries in a timely manner. Verify materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations. You also make sure that customers receive the items they ordered in a timely manner, without any mistakes in the delivery. Prepares items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services. In this way, you will be seen as an important liaison between our business and our clients, making sure that everyone gets what they need quickly and efficiently. You'll be required to performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Leads the work of shipping and receiving personnel performing related work.
*High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
* Must Pass Background Check
* Experience with spreadsheet or database software such as Microsoft Excel
* One to two years' experience working in a warehouse setting
* At least one year of supervisory experience in a warehouse setting
* Ability to walk or stand for long periods of time
* Proven experience as receiving clerk or similar position
* Experience in operating forklifts
* Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
* Basic math and recording abilities
* Excellent organizational skills
* Great communication and interpersonal abilities
* Must be able to lift 50-75lb
* Feel comfortable working in a diverse work environment
Minimum Job Requirements
* Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Ability to maintain quality, safety
* Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
* Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
* Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
* Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
* Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
* Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
* Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures
* Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
* Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
* Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
* Required to make pickups from our supply center for parts and raw materials using a company van.
* Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
* Load and Unload packages from incoming trucks
* Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
* Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, etc.)
* Contact inform supervisor if a mistake is identified
* Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
Please respond with your resume, full name and phone number.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers