The Safety, Health & Environmental Manager is responsible for the ensuring ECMD Inc. follows the direction of, and is following OSHA, safety, environmental, federal, state, and local regulations. He/she will develop/assist with organizational implementation of safety, health, and environmental programs/policies company wide. Individual will investigate and analyze for the cause, and "root cause" of accident/incidents and establish preventative and corrective measures and actions. This individual will also ensure that the company maintains its adherence and compliance with environmental matters, regulations, and with permitting.
QR Code Link to This Post
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the Senior Vice-President of Business of Process Management which shall include the following:
1. Investigate incidents/accidents for root cause, with corrective action taken for prevention.
2. Develop, revise safety, health, and environmental programs, training lessons, documentation forms, coordinate/train employees, create inspection audit process to identify and correct potential hazards.
3. Reviews and implements, with upper management, safety and health corrective action on OSHA 300 logs/ Workers Comp accidents and injuries.
4. Direct, coordinate, train, the Safety Committee members, chairperson, on all safety rules and regulations, safety/health monthly inspections, and maintain close communication with Committee in matters of safety and health issues requiring management action for completion.
5. Identify, analyze, and implement specific safety, health, and environmental initiatives to help reduce cost in all areas of operations.
6. Documents and monitors the SDS data base on intranet website for employee access.
7. Assist or work with annual permit certification for the company with environmental issues.
8. Work or assist with OSHA 300 logs and Workers' Compensation injuries/accidents.
9. Assist in identification, analysis and control of occupational hazards requiring the application of professional engineering knowledge, skill, and abilities.
10. Examine plans, specifications of new machinery and equipment; design for safety issues and compliance, in addition to suggesting protective equipment or safety devices for such machines and equipment in assisting in the design machines and plant equipment to eliminate safety, health, and environmental hazards in accordance with all OSHA. NFPA, NEC, ANSI, guidelines, etc.
11. Conduct formal on-site safety/health/environmental inspections at all Company facilities.
12. Handle or assist with all environmental compliance matters pertaining to air, water, diesel, to ensure compliance for annual permits.
13. Documents and monitors the forklift training standards database on intranet website for employee qualification.
14. Documents and monitors the facility maintenance database on intranet for up to date maintenance and compliance matters.
15. Occasional overnight travel as required.
Prior safety, health and environmental experience.
Bachelor and or Master's degree in related field preferred.
Current training certifications that are associated with safety, health and environmental positions.
Strong computer skills.