The Crewmember is responsible for various jobs in the warehouse area such as driving a forklift/order picker, tug or other appropriate material handling equipment, receiving and shipping products and supplies, stocking parts, picking finished goods, packaging, stretch wrapping specific parts, delivering parts and supplies to the correct areas throughout the facility, preparing bills of lading, applying barcodes, and loading and unloading trucks.
This position requires that the employee perform all essential duties as assigned by the
Supervisor which shall include the following:
1. Unloads vendor and supplier trucks, stocks product, loads trucks for shipment, moves materials
throughout the warehouse, and performs other duties as assigned.
2. Picks customer orders from racks and storage areas in the warehouse and stages them in the
appropriate area for shipment.
3. Unpacks materials from vendors, attaches the appropriate identification tags (brand labels), and
stocks in the appropriate areas for shipment.
4. Unitizes orders for shipments based on assortment of products in accordance with company
5. Operates the stretch wrap machine for packaging when required for certain products.
6. Complies with all safety guidelines as have been put forth in the required forklift/order picker training.
7. Practices good housekeeping by keeping the area swept and the equipment clean and serviced.
8. Weighs product by using a forklift and/or other appropriate equipment to move product to and from
9. Prepares bills of lading.
10. Keeps supervision informed of all quality, receiving, or shipping problems.
11. Regular and punctual attendance is an essential function of this job.
12. Employees must be able to speak and understand basic English.
1. Care should be taken to ensure when transporting materials with the forklift that they are not
damaged or anyone is put at a safety risk.
2. Cross trained to do other responsibilities throughout the distribution facility.
3. Keep all forklift/order picker tanks filled.
4. Authorized to do lockout/tagout and should observe all lockout/tagout procedures.
5. Such other duties and assignments that shall be made from time to time to employee from any
member of the Company's management.
1. Must be able to learn to operate a forklift/order picker/tug or other material handling equipment
and be certified and licensed after training.
2. Must possess the ability operate a handheld computer unit for the inventory picking and/or
receiving processes with minimal training.
3. Must be able to report to work on time as required by the schedule.
4. Must be able to use and read a tape measure and perform simple mathematical calculations.
5. Must be able to communicate and work with a small group of other employees as well as work
independently at times with minimal supervision.
6. Must wear safety shoes at all times and safety glasses with side shields when banding materials or
1. Ability to occasionally lift and carry loads up to 75 pounds. Heavier materials will require assistance.
2. Ability to frequently lift and manipulate parts weighing from 5 to 50 pounds.
3. Ability to bend, squat, crouch, kneel, and push/pull materials or material handling equipment.
4. Firm grasping and of both hands is necessary.
5. Occasional exposure to wood dust.
6. Alternating sitting and standing depending on the amount of forklift operation necessary, minimum 8
hours plus any overtime that may be required
7. Frequent walking with hand and foot operations, minimum of 8 hours plus any overtime that may be
8. Requires ordinary conversation, hearing, and visual acuity.
9. Exposure to normal warehouse/factory environment and the extremes of heat and cold when in
the outside environment.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers